INTEGRATED RENEWABLE ENERGY TECHNOLOGY (IRET)
About the program
CESI’s IRET-Program is an enterprise development-based program that
focuses on developing, distribution and training in alternative energy options. The niche need addressed by the program is the cooking energy scarcity and over exploitation of forest resources for charcoal and wood fuel. The program’s
strategy is recycling of the country’s profuse bio-waste for alternative energy to
foster adaptation to Climate Change and livelihood improvement.
1. Cooking bags and Cooler bags
3. Solar technology (solar bags and solar cookers)
4. Efficient charcoal stoves
We provide training to community groups and institutions in the areas of waste recycling and alternative energy.
- Improved Health and Sanitation
- Control of indoor pollution and related illnesses like pneumonia
- Cheaper and cleaner cooking energy source
- Conservation of community forests
- Contribution to food security
- Contribution to lowering gender-based violence Etc..
Partner/Support this program
We welcome partners and supporters of this program. Possible areas of partnership include:
- Voluntary Carbon Trade
- Scaling Up production of fuel briquettes, cooking bags/cooler bags, efficient charcoal stoves through improvement in technology and increasing capacity
- Providing access to poor households to energy-saving stoves and cleaner alternative cooking energy